Sunday, January 17, 2010

RANDOM STUFF FOUND IN MY ADDRESS BOOK


From the early 1980s I collected all sorts of newspaper clippings with various junk and put them in a box. It is never wrong to cut out interesting (well) stuff that one can use as layout material for a zine, a release or as cover artwork for mix tapes. One day when I retire I promise to start making mix tapes again. I think. Besides the box I kept several other things I collected while I was travelling in my phone book. This phone book has been with me since around 1985 and it is still not full of addresses and phone numbers, so if you want to know where some members of your favourite old bands lived, I might have the addresses, which are probably the addresses or phone numbers of their parents in many cases. Now, over 20 years later there is a thing such as the internet and these things can come out of the box or the address book. Anyway, today I started scanning some of those things for ya.


Maybe this is hard to understand if you don't know German and the term "Taschenbillard" oh well. This was a print ad for the Berlin Billiards Association and it so good it almost got me off of kicker which is my favourite bar sport for many years.


This was the label of the Norwegian 1.5 liter Sprite bottle of some years back. Since motocross and rock go so well together I guess, they ran a little campaign. In the corner the label has GLUECIFER which supposedly were Norways "feteste liveband" of the time (remember TURBONEGRO) posing which had Arne ex-ANGST on guitar. They also had the decency to call themselves the "Kings of Rock". Yeah right. But if you know another ex-member of a HeartFirst band who has made it on the label of a Coca Cola Corporation drink, please let me know.


This Flyer is from around 1988 and has been sitting in my address book since then. As far as I remember this was an extra flyer which was included in a SEPTIC DEATH 7". Don't order the NEUROOT/FRATRICIDE Split LP or the SEPTIC DEATH - "Strings..." 10" - I tried it and it didn't work. The FRATRICIDE 7" on HeartFirst is gone, too.


This was recycled from MRR fanzine who recycled it from the SF Chronicle. When did you last think about the New Romantics, their postive message and their beautiful outfits???


There are many ridiculous graphics and slogans relating to Straight Edge but this is one of my all-time favourites. This xeroxed version came to me as the back side of a letter sent to me by the infamous Herr Bodonski. A man who is today mainly remembered for putting out the first HAMMERHEAD 7" and who later turned into a full-time right winger, but of course this is from the time when he was still right on. Apart from being great art done by someone, at age 15 I guess who has never done anything mind expanding, I wonder: Why does the rabbit not answer the question straight and instead tells such a outrageous lie??? Of course you can have LOADS of fun drinking but unfortunately yes, alcohol can harm your body, too. Just like crossing the street can. Also look at the last "Well Wabbit" rule. It should read: "I will not let stupid X'd up rabbits keep me from things I want to do."

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home